On the curriculum pages, you will find information about our curriculum, including:
- the content of the curriculum we follow in each academic year for every subject
- the names of the phonics and reading schemes we are using in KS1
- how parents or other members of the public can find out more about the curriculum we follow
If you have any questions about the curriculum please speak to your child’s class teacher.
Writing Curriculum Progression 2023
At Lady Modiford's we recognise that every child is unique. We understand that children develop in individual ways and at varying rates. We want our children to be independent and self-motivated learners, encouraging the children to adapt their work, think critically and take risks with their learning.
- is at the heart of our learning journey approach
- is distinctive, innovative and strategically planned with the individual pupils in mind
- is research informed
- introduces challenging, engaging and real life problems
- strives to encourage and develop a love of learning
- lets learning happen within a child centred approach
- ensures all areas of learning are regarded with the same level of importance and are interlinked in learning
- includes fundamental British values to teach children a sense of self and belonging; enabling them to learn and stay true to the values that make people good human beings
- ensures that children learn to live together peacefully, with each of them playing a valuable role in the multicultural world in which they live.
The Foundation classes follow the curriculum as outlined in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework, which is available at
Teaching of Phonics
At Lady Modiford's we follow 'Little Wandle Letter and Sounds Revised' to deliver our teaching of phonics and early reading. More information about this scheme of learning can be found at
Resources for Parents